3.20.2009

you know what happens when you assume...

*favorite nativity house story thus far*
preface: nativity house has a no alcohol in the building and witin 2 blocks policy.

a few weeks ago a gentleman was given a 30 day ban for being seen with a tall can of icehouse in the field next door. guests are allowed to contest their ban by filling out a grievance form. the following conversation ensued wen he turned in his grievance.

man: i think my ban is unfair, your staff is being unjust.
me: well, for what its worth, i also saw you walk behind the wall with the icehouse.
man: well you all just assmed there was alcohol in that can.
me: huh?
man: you shouldnt assume that there was alcohol in that can, thats unfair.
me: if you saw an icehouse can, wouldnt you assume it was filled with icehouse?
man: if that guy ovr there gave me a dirty look, i would assume he didnt like me, but that may not be the case.
me: okay...
ma: im saying, your staff should have approached me to find out what was in the can.
me: by the time my staff got ou there, you were alread finished and coming back inside. so if there wasnt icehouse in the can, what was it?
man: water. it was the only can on the i found on the street tha i could use as a water bottle.
me: hmm...chance as the ban is going to stay in place, but i will take your grievance form.

i didnt remind him that we have a plethora of clean cups and an endless supply of water inside.

No comments: