6.17.2008

is a proposal a proposal if there is no ring?

so i've officially been proposed to at least 3 times that i can think of off the top of my head. the most recent was on sunday by one of our regulars, doug. i was in charge of cooking breakfast sunday morning, i decided to make biscuits and gravy, a rarity at nativity house. apparently biscuits and gravy is all doug really needs in his life. as i was cleaning the kitchen after breakfast, he approached me and gave me an open ended invitation to get married, whenever i liked. another proposal came by way of note, with a circle yes or no at the top. the part that continues to surpise me: i'm fairly certain this man was serious, and equally as certain that he doesn't know that my first name is something other than 'shorty'. last was a letter i received from a guest who was in jail, listing all of the goals he planned to accomplish once he was released. number 11 on the list: marry sarah.

although marriage proposals are few and far between, here are some of laura and my favorite pick up lines to date:
damn girl, how'd you get in them jeans
if you take me home with you, i'll buy a pair of teeth
tell my wife i'll be home by 8, and i expect dinner to be ready (spoken to laura about me)
conversation: where have you been? 'in the hospital' why? 'mending a broken heart'
you like to go to cinema?
are you straight? what a waste!
i didn't know there were angels...and then there is you.
it's been about two weeks, we should probably renew our vows soon.

2 comments:

Dominique James said...

ok, this is amazing. thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

That's freaking hilarious. Did they really say "cinema?" Why didn't they say "moving picture show" instead?